A SRV record generally has this form1:
_service._proto.name. TTL class SRV priority weight port target.
- _service._proto.name. is the part that is being queried in a DNS request. We put it into the Subdomain field.
- For the Destination field we want priority weight port target
- priority is to determine the order in which same-named entries are being processed by a client (highest first, when unavailable fall back to next lower…)
- weight is used when two entries have the same priority
- port should be self explanatory
- target as well
Don’t forget to set SRV as Type and press Save! and you should be good to go.