Wow what a blast to look over the content of this page. But the reality is, nearly everything is outdated - both content and technology wise.
I was motivated to dust of the current state of things due to a tweet of mine asking for interest in a writeup about porting an old php app to serverless.
Over Christmas we ported a 15year old php application to php7, and deployed it serverless using gcp. I learned a ton. Is that a topic that interests some of you?— winlu (@derwinlu) January 16, 2021
Before adding this content I really want to cleanup the blog itself and make it reflect what i learned over the last years.
I did some initial fixups by getting it to render again with an up2date version of pelican, but there is much more to do:
- update ci/cd pipelines
- build with current pelican, drop py2 support
- plugins (pip) installable (as this is the new pelican default)
- Cleanup or even replace the theme as it’s based on an old bootstrap version, no stripped css, slow and a bit clunky
- integrations like shares do not work reliable anymore
- i want something slim that is not depending on third party staying the same
Let’s see how long it will take me, preferably less then 3 years this time.